Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Out of Hibernation

So here I am, staring May in the face, and wondering where I have been the last five months.  If you are like me, you are still recovering from an endless winter that has left you shell-shocked and dazed.  This may be known as "The Spring that Wasn't" around my house as we are still working to shake the last bit of winter off our boots.  It's April 30th and I still can't turn off the furnace!!!  Welcome to Wisconsin everyone.

Well, this isn't supposed to be a post full of whining complaints.  I am willing myself to renew my commitment to this blog project I decided to undertake just under a year ago.  I so enjoy sharing my experiences as a wife and mother with my friends and family and whoever else may wander across my path.  I love the feedback and comments that I get that remind me that I am not alone on this journey.  There are women everywhere who can relate to their child taking a spill and kissing pavement.


Whose heart wouldn't melt when their five-year-old decides she wants to make a big sacrifice and cut off half of her hair to donate it to another child who is sick and had theirs fall out?  What a proud moment for this mama!
Sorry, can't figure out how to turn the pictures!



Every once in a while, it is also fun to be able to share our little "Pinterest Worthy" accomplishments.  If you are anything like me, the successes are few and far between!


I realize that when I allow myself to be dragged down by circumstances that I cannot control, like a relentless Wisconsin winter, I miss out on sharing the fun little moments that bring the sunshine into the gloom.  For instance, a later Easter this year meant we didn't have to chisel the little plastic eggs out of snow and ice!
            
Easter Egg Hunt 2013
Easter Egg Hunt 2014

It is time I recommit to taking more time for reflection.  Sometimes I need to be still for a moment so I can truly appreciate the many blessings around me.  Other times I need to autopsy a situation so I can find the lesson that God wants me to learn so I can be a better mother, wife, friend, fill in the blank.  I have found this blog so helpful in accomplishing this goal.  It is fun to go back and read what I have written before and have a chuckle or shake my head over what I must have been thinking or find a renewed sense of thankfulness as I remember the fun moments and blessings that have filled my life.

So here's to a new year (only four months late)!  Can't wait to see what happens and I look forward to sharing it with you.  Until next time, make it a great life!

No comments:

Post a Comment