Friday, May 31, 2013

Lemons to Lemonade

Ever have one of those "Oh, Crap!" moments turn into an "Oh, sweet!" moment?  Happened to me today.  I spent the morning running around checking off my long list of errands.  Dropped forms off at the school, stopped at the bank, went to Target, hit the grocery store...did I mention I had BOTH of the kids with me?  I must have lost my mind.

The carrot I was dangling in front of them to ensure good behavior was the fact that the last stop was the party store where they would get to pick out decorations for their joint birthday party.  I only had to threaten to take the little one home before the party store about three times, not bad.  It even worked each time!  Believe me when I tell you it wasn't an empty threat.  Mama is not afraid to make good!

We finally get everything else done and head to the party store...and it is now a Tuesday Morning.  Oh.  Crap.  No banners, no cups, no plates, no goody bags, no balloons, nothing.  What to do?  We're standing in the parking lot and beads of sweat start to form as my girls start asking, "Mommy, is this the party store?"

I frantically look around at the other options offered at this particular strip mall and I spot my salvation, a Dollar Tree.  Sweet!  They must have party crap there, right?  Oh yes, they certainly do!  They have a wide selection of princess junk that delighted both the kiddos.  Thank you, God!  I cannot imagine the revolt I would have had on my hands had there been no alternative.  Extra bonus, I only spent about half of what I had budgeted.  Dollar Tree may be my new party destination.  I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment